BOBATH has succeeded a worldwide recognition as one of the most primary approaches to the treatment of patients with neurological conditions.
It’s a problem solving neuro-developmental approach for the assessment and treatment of individuals with cerebral palsy and other neurological conditions. It addresses the problems that occur as a result of impairment of the developing central nervous system that affects the individual’s sensory-motor, cognitive, perceptual, social and emotional development.
The aim of the Bobath treatment is to improve functions caused by neurological impairment. The treatment is set accordingly to each patient’s individual needs and is based upon an assessment of their abilities and analysis of their inability.
It is also introduced for the following:
- Abnormal muscle tone
- Muscle weakness
- Loss of selective movement
- Abnormal co-contraction of agonist and antagonist pairs
- Problems of postural control
- Musculo-skeletal problems
- Additional sensory, perceptual, visual and/or hearing impairments, learning difficulties, etc.